MiCISAN, Institutional RepositoryURL http://ru.micisan.unam.mx
- Anyone can consult MiCISAN, Institutional Repository metadata freely and free of charge.
- The metadata may be reutilized without prior permission in any medium for not-for-profit aims, citing the OAI identifier or a link to the original metadata record.
- The metadata may not be reutilized in any commercial medium without prior permission.
Access and Copyright Policy
- Anyone may access full documents free of charge.
- The items may be reproduced only for teaching or academic purposes and for cultural dissemination, in any format or platform, with full bibliographical citation, including the repository-assigned hyperlink or the URL.
- All items must be individually labeled with their respective copyrights and conditions of use.
- Full texts may not be used for commercial purposes without permission of the copyright holder.
Content and Collections Policy
- This is an institutional repository.
- The repository’s topics are the social sciences, humanities, and the arts, whose central theme of study is North America and its relationship to the world.
- The resources in the repository are books, notebooks, installments in numbered publications, and articles from periodicals. It also includes an academic journal and a popular-format magazine.
- The items are grouped in the following MiCISAN, Institutional Repository collections: Norteamérica, Revista Académica del CISAN-UNAM and its articles; complete Books and their chapters; Cuadernos de América del Norte, and the popular-format magazine Voices of Mexico and its articles.
- Deposited items include previously published versions.
- The articles are labeled individually, including the type of version, date, and publication status.
- The items’ main languages are Spanish and English.
Deposit Policy; Quality
- The items may only be deposited by accredited members of the Center for Research on North America.
- The items subject to embargo periods can be described but in no case shall the digital resource be uploaded to the platform before the specified time has elapsed.
- The person responsible for repository stewardship shall determine the relevance of incorporating items in accordance with the profile, design, and valid formats previously established by MiCISAN, Institutional Repository.
- Items may be deposited at any time, but may not be disseminated if their embargo period is in effect.
- The persons charged with managing the MiCISAN, Institutional Repository platform shall verify that unwanted documents and messages are not leaked in order to preserve the system’s security and integrity.
- If MiCISAN, Institutional Repository has proof of a copyright violation, the item in question and its record will no longer be accessible to the public, but will remain indefinitely on the platform internally.
- Items shall be available indefinitely.
- MiCISAN, Institutional Repository shall guarantee continual legibility and accessibility, and therefore, the items will be transferred to new archival formats when deemed necessary.
- MiCISAN, Institutional Repository cooperates with external bodies to convert or migrate archival formats, record preservation metadata, and back-ups of external files.
- MiCISAN, Institutional Repository regularly backs up its files in accordance with current best practices.
- Articles may be eliminated on the author’s or copyright holder’s request, although this is not recommended.
- A digital object may be withdrawn from the repository for the following reasons: publishing agreements, proven violation of copyright, plagiarism, false content, and threats to national security.
- Items withdrawn will remain on the platform indefinitely, but will be withdrawn from public view.
- The identifiers based on persistent links (URIs) of items that have been withdrawn shall be preserved indefinitely..
- The history of every item shall be preserved through a link to the replacement version. That is, every item update will have a new registry. An item’s different versions shall be connected by persistent links in such a way as to continue to direct to “tombstone” citations.
- Changes to deposited items are not permitted.
- If necessary, an updated version of the item shall be deposited.
- If the MiCISAN, Institutional Repository were to close, the data base shall be transferred to another appropriate archive.