- Anyone can consult MiCISAN, Institutional Repository metadata freely and free of charge.
- The metadata may be reutilized without prior permission in any medium for not-for-profit aims, citing the OAI identifier or a link to the original metadata record.
- The metadata may not be reutilized in any commercial medium without prior permission.
- For more details, see Manual CISAN de metadatos para la descripción documental at https://ru.micisan.unam.mx/handle/123456789/22232
- Anyone may access full documents free of charge.
- The items may be reproduced only for teaching or academic purposes and for cultural dissemination, in any format or platform, with full bibliographical citation, including the repository-assigned hyperlink or the URL.
- All items must be individually labeled with their respective copyrights and conditions of use.
- Full texts may not be used for commercial purposes without permission of the copyright holder.
- This is an institutional repository.
- The repository’s topics are the social sciences, humanities, and the arts, whose central theme of study is North America and its relationship to the world.
- The resources in the repository are books, notebooks, installments in numbered publications, and articles from periodicals. It also includes an academic journal and a popular-format magazine.
- The items are grouped in the following MiCISAN, Institutional Repository collections: Norteamérica, Revista Académica del CISAN-UNAM and its articles; complete Books and their chapters; Cuadernos de América del Norte, and the popular-format magazine Voices of Mexico and its articles.
- Deposited items include previously published versions.
- The articles are labeled individually, including the type of version, date, and publication status.
- The items’ main languages are Spanish and English.
- The items may only be deposited by accredited members of the Center for Research on North America.
- The items subject to embargo periods can be described but in no case shall the digital resource be uploaded to the platform before the specified time has elapsed.
- The person responsible for repository stewardship shall determine the relevance of incorporating items in accordance with the profile, design, and valid formats previously established by MiCISAN, Institutional Repository.
- Items may be deposited at any time, but may not be disseminated if their embargo period is in effect.
- The persons charged with managing the MiCISAN, Institutional Repository platform shall verify that unwanted documents and messages are not leaked in order to preserve the system’s security and integrity.
- If MiCISAN, Institutional Repository has proof of a copyright violation, the item in question and its record will no longer be accessible to the public, but will remain indefinitely on the platform internally.
- Items shall be available indefinitely.
- MiCISAN, Institutional Repository shall guarantee continual legibility and accessibility, and therefore, the items will be transferred to new archival formats when deemed necessary.
- MiCISAN, Institutional Repository cooperates with external bodies to convert or migrate archival formats, record preservation metadata, and back-ups of external files.
- MiCISAN, Institutional Repository regularly backs up its files in accordance with current best practices.
- Articles may be eliminated on the author’s or copyright holder’s request, although this is not recommended.
- A digital object may be withdrawn from the repository for the following reasons: publishing agreements, proven violation of copyright, plagiarism, false content, and threats to national security.
- Items withdrawn will remain on the platform indefinitely, but will be withdrawn from public view.
- The identifiers based on persistent links (URIs) of items that have been withdrawn shall be preserved indefinitely.
- The history of every item shall be preserved through a link to the replacement version. That is, every item update will have a new registry. An item’s different versions shall be connected by persistent links in such a way as to continue to direct to “tombstone” citations.
- Changes to deposited items are not permitted.
- If necessary, an updated version of the item shall be deposited.
- If the MiCISAN, Institutional Repository were to close, the data base shall be transferred to another appropriate archive.
MiCISAN, Repositorio Institucional
Hecho en México, todos los derechos reservados 2018. Esta página puede ser reproducida con fines no lucrativos, siempre y cuando no se mutile, se cite la fuente completa y su dirección electrónica. De otra forma, requiere permiso previo por escrito de la institución.